is a geographic feature located in DeKalb County GA , District 18, Land Lot 112, parcel 017
Druid Hill is a "found earthwork," designated as such by artist Clark Ashton.
Druid Hill is the historic memorial site of The Battle of Druid Hill.
The geologic formation of Druid Hill is the result of upheaval and erosion characteristic of the Appalachian
On March 28, 2017, Proposal #9150 was filed with The U.S. Board on Geographic Names Send an email TO: Jennifer Runyon at The U.S. Board on Geographic Names: firstname.lastname@example.org DeKalb County District #2 Commissioner Jeff Rader email@example.com
Send an email
Jennifer Runyon at The U.S. Board on Geographic Names: firstname.lastname@example.org
DeKalb County District #2 Commissioner Jeff Rader email@example.com
Druid Hill and surounding elevations (2017)
DeKalb County GA District 18, Land Lot 112
DeKalb County (1823)
Ezekiel Mason was one of DeKalb's earliest white settlers.
He purchased Lot 112 in 1845. He built Mason Mill nearby around 1850.
Official Map of DeKalb County GA (1915)
Druid Hill is overlaid in red on what was then the property of Elizebeth and Helen Smith,
daughters of Archibald Smith(founder of Roswell, GA) and sisters of William Seagrove Smith(Death of a Confederate).
They were the aunts of Archibald Smith III and Arthur W. Smith, developers of North Druid Hills in 1946
note: There is no N. Druid Hills Rd., and Clairmont Rd. was then Shallowford Rd. (previously the Shallow Ford Indian Trail)
North Druid Hills Subdivision (1946)
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Soils (1914)
Druid Hill is overlaid in red
Druid Hill is a geologic promontory characterized by a Cecil clay loam soil,surrounded by patches of Hilly phase, Cecil gravely loam, and Cecil sandy loam.
It is positioned at a longitude of -84.303139 and latitude of 33.812691
rising from present day N. Druid Hills Rd.(elevation 973') to an altitude of 997' .